Embracing gradual typing
The talk is in Thai language (English subtitles available and slides are all in English). This was my first prerecorded talk for TS BKK Meetup. Since this talk is prerecorded, it contains a plenty of coding demos.
By the way...
If you haven't, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel (opens new window) .
Adopting TypeScript in a large existing project may not be that straightforward:
- Hundreds if not thousands of existing untyped JS files.
- Not sure if benefits would outweigh the costs ("the TypeScript tax").
- Changes may be met with friction in a large team.
- You or your team do not want to introduce any extra build step.
- TypeScript the language, the compiler, and the language service.
- Using JSDoc to improve type inference, code completions, and IntelliSense.
jsconfig.jsonfor improved code actions and automatic refactoring.
- Creating a
- Creating a global
.d.tsfile to declare modules and global variables.
- Discussion on strategies for improving developer productivity, improving code documentation, and reducing chance of runtime errors.